When the Electra jailbreaking team said around six months ago that it was working on a replacement for Cydia, we hoped that we would be able to put the aging jailbreak store out to pasture relatively soon. Sileo is supposed to be the replacement for iOS 11 devices, and with iOS 12 now here, it will presumably also work just fine there, too. However, while we did hope Sileo would arrive sooner rather than later, we’re now almost at the end of 2018 and it’s still AWOL. Thankfully, that may be rectified soon.
Responding to a tweet about Sileo, Alessandro Chiarlitti, a member of the Electra team, said that Sileo is “almost ready” for release to the public, something that will be music to the ears of anyone who is absolutely ready to see Cydia go the way of the dodo, which, presumably, is anyone who jailbreaks.
While Cydia has served the jailbreak community well over the years, it hasn’t really moved with the times and doesn’t feel like something that should be vital to jailbreakers in 2018. The arrival of Sileo will allow Cydia to be put out to pasture, and while we don’t know when that will happen – Chiarlitti’s tweet didn’t go into specifics – we can only hope it will be soon enough for us to all remember why we wanted it in the first place.
Right now, we’d suggest that the arrival of Sileo is one of the most anticipated things in the world of jailbreaking, so it will be great to see it finally make an appearance.
Chiarlitti says that the developers “just need to sort out a few things,” which makes it sound like we’re not too far off, so fingers crossed if that’s the case.
(Source: Alessandro Chiarlitti [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links And OTA, tvOS 12.1.1, macOS 10.14.2, watchOS 5.1.2 Beta 2
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 Development: All The Recent iOS 12 Progress In One Place
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]