Artie’s Magic Pencil For iOS Is Apple’s Free App Of The Week [$3 Value]
The Black Friday frenzy may be over, but Apple’s Free App of the Week initiative for iOS apps is still around, meaning we have yet another paid app going free. Today’s children oriented title usually retails for $2.99 on the App Store, but is free to download and install on your iPhone or iPad till Thursday.
Called Artie’s Magic Pencil, it is basically an interactive learning platform aimed at children aged between 3 and 6, with the aim of teaching children “the fundamentals of drawing to inspire them to get creative both on and off the screen!”
The title builds up on children’s imagination by offering a background storyline as well so that it piques their interest and isn’t just taken as a strict learning tool or app. Where’s the fun in that, right? As the developer, Minilab, explains: “There’s a monster on the loose and it’s destroying everything in its way! Save the day and help Artie to rebuild his world, using a very special magic pencil. In a land where basic shapes are the building blocks, children can be the hero whilst learning how simple triangles, squares and circles come together to create everything they see around them, from a butterfly to a building, and a car to an ice cream shop!”
Kids can follow the embedded story line through Artie’s world, or choose to play the older levels again and again with the attempt to “redraw and customize their favorite objects as many times as they wish.”
As is the case with apps of this nature, Minilab Ltd. has attempted to build an experience that is centered around making “fun and learning one and the same, through safe and playful digital experiences that stimulate children’s curiosity and creativity.”
Some key features of Artie’s Magic Pencil are as follows:
– A fun, interactive, adventure story with a cast of funny characters
– Can be played as story or use the map to replay endlessly
– Helps children understand the basics of drawing and art
– Develops fine motor and graphic skills
– Teaches important lessons in altruism and empathy
– More than 25 different objects to draw
– Colorful, child-friendly illustrated world
– Handcrafted animations and a bespoke soundtrack
– Ideal for children aged 3-6
– Encourages creativity both on and off screen
– Extra downloadable drawing worksheets to print and enjoy at home.
Artie’s Magic Pencil for iPhone and iPad can be downloaded for free from the App Store till next Thursday. The app also includes a bonus stickers pack which can be used in Messages app when sending iMessages.