Expectations for what Apple will offer customers with its 2018 iPhone lineup are pretty much set in stone at this point, but the folks over at Bloomberg have added further commentary to proceedings.
We already know that Apple will launch three new iPhones next month, with a 5.8-inch iPhone X replacement, a 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus and a 6.1-inch LCD iPhone in the works, and now Bloomberg has confirmed that the devices are likely to pack speed increases and improved cameras rather than hugely revised internals.
Expectations for this round of iPhones have largely already settled on speed bumps as well as that all-new, larger 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus, which interestingly, may not be referred to as ‘Plus’ anymore by Apple.
The latest from Bloomberg also has the Apple A12 being the CPU that will power the new devices, with the 6.1-inch iPhone also set to cut costs by using an LCD display and less costly components like aluminum rather than steel. It’s also likely that the cheaper handset will feature a single camera like the iPhone 8.
It’s fair to say that the iPhone X Plus is the most interesting device of the bunch, and just like other Plus phones, it looks likely that the new handset will be capable of displaying additional information when rotated into landscape mode, something Bloomberg has also reported on.
(Image: 2018 iPhone expected colors)
While planning the new devices, Apple has altered the names multiple times. It has at least considered branding the new premium phones the “iPhone Xs,” indicating that they’re an upgrade to last year’s iPhone X, the person said. The company has also weighed eschewing the “Plus” label for the larger model, which it has used since the iPhone 6 Plus launched with a larger screen in 2014. The final names could be different, the person noted.
We’ll know more in the coming weeks, but with this being an ‘S’ year it’s unlikely that there will be too many surprises come announcement day.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta 10 IPSW, Public Beta 8 OTA Update
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 / 11.3.1: iOS 12 Beta 9 SEP Is Compatible With Electra Jailbreak Supported Firmware
- Download: Android 9 Pie Factory Images, OTA For Pixel, Essential Phone Released
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 10 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 10 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]