It’s extremely easy to forget that Cupertino-based Apple Inc. used its financial might to gobble up music recognition service Shazam. Now under Apple’s control, the app has been updated to version 12.3 and comes complete with a new feature that allows discoveries to be shared via Instagram Stories.
Shazam, like most other apps which are based on discovering content of varying types, has long had a share feature built into the app. This has previously included being able to share to Twitter, via email, through Messages, and even directly onto Facebook or via WhatsApp.
Now, with this update, this facility has been extended to include Instagram Stories meaning that Shazam users can discover a new song or some audio-based content, select to share it via the new Instagram Stories option, and immediately pass the information data across to their connected Instagram account:
Now you can share your Shazams to Instagram Stories. Once you’ve found a song in Shazam, hit the share button and choose Instagram Stories.
Once the content has been shared to Instagram, it will appear on the selected account’s Story for 24-hours where it will be visible to all of that user’s followers – or the general public if the account is not set to private.
Viewers will be able to see a visual of the album art in a card format, along with the title and artist of the song and how many times it has been Shazamed. Tapping on the “More on Shazam” link will take the user directly into the Shazam app to view additional information.
For long-term users, Shazam has been through a noticeable change since its acquisition by Apple. The user interface has been cleaned up, made a lot simpler and a lot more usable, and the advertisements which had previously generated revenue for Shazam have been removed making the app entirely free to use Apple has also added in connections to Apple Music allowing discovered music to be streamed instantly via Apple’s music streaming platform.
Now, with this update, there is a renewed focus on sharing Shazam and content to the increasingly popular Instagram Stories. That particular feature has more than 400 million daily active users making it the perfect platform for Apple to allow Shazam to be shared.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update, macOS 10.14.2, tvOS 12.1.1
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- USB-C Cable For 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- 2018 MacBook Air Vs 12-Inch MacBook Vs MacBook Pro [Battery Life Comparison]
- 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Vs 11-Inch iPad Pro Vs 10.5 iPad Pro [Specs Comparison]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 Might Be Possible Once Remounting Issue Is Fixed, Claims Developer
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]