Apple’s rumored HomePod with a screen has reportedly been delayed until 2024 at the earliest.
Apple has long been rumored to have plans to launch a new HomePod that is a cross with the Apple TV.
Powered by a screen, the new HomePod would be similar to existing products from Google, Amazon, and Facebook. But it’s not going to arrive this year.
That’s according to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman who reports that Apple has now delayed the project until 2024 at the earliest as part of a plan to rejig resources to ensure that the company doesn’t have to lay people off. The company is instead focusing on other products, like the Reality Pro mixed reality headset that is expected to debut later this year.
Some projects, including new home devices like a HomePod with a screen, have been pushed back until next year at the earliest. That allows Apple to allocate its research and development budget to more pressing projects.
Apple is working to try and ensure that it doesn’t have to lay people off, as has been the case with most other tech companies of late. Google, Meta, and others have all laid off thousands of people thanks to an uncertain economic environment.
It’s reported that Apple is trying to allocate resources where they’re needed rather than spread itself too thin and spend money where it doesn’t need to be spent.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.