Rumors have been swirling of there being an Apple media event this coming March, and now BuzzFeed News is reporting that it will take place on March 25th, and the Steve Jobs Theater.
According to the report, we can expect the event to focus on Apple’s services rather than hardware, which will come as a blow to anyone hoping for new AirPods and iPads as have also been rumored of late.
Instead, it looks likely that we will see the announcement of Apple’s new news subscription service, as well as the hotly anticipated video streaming offering that has been in the works for what seems like forever.
Unlikely to make an appearance: next generation AirPods, or that rumored new iPad Mini. Sources described the event as subscription services focused, but declined to say anything about Apple’s standalone video streaming service which is also rumored to debut in 2019.
The news comes hot on the heels of a report by the Wall Street Journal, claiming that Apple plans to offer its new news service at a price of $10 per month, while also expecting to take 50% of the money for itself. It’s not clear how that is going down with publishers, with a magazine subscription also in the works. It’s not yet clear whether the two are intertwined.
The biggest news here may be the omission of any hardware from the announcement. Apple is thought to have multiple device refreshes in the pipeline, as well as the delayed AirPower charger, and we had hoped we’d see at least some of those next month.
(Source: BuzzFeed News)
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4: Downgrade To iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 And Jailbreak Using RootlessJB, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 12.1.4 To iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 For Jailbreak [Guide]
- Download iOS 12.1.4 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Critical FaceTime Bug Patch
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4 / iOS 12.1.3: Downgrade Now As Brandon Azad Has Released His iOS 12.1.2 Exploit
- Download iOS 12.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released To Developers