New medical approvals suggest that Apple will be bringing ECG support to Japanese Apple Watch Series 4 and Apple Watch Series 5 models some time soon.
The approvals were needed before Apple could enable the feature for watches sold in the country, just as was the case in other countries as well.
The approval by the Japanese Association for the Advancement of Medical Equipment actually happened last week but it was only spotted by iPhone Mania [Google Translate] today. It’s already having an impact as well, with Ochanomizu Department of Cardiology beginning work on a new Apple Watch Outpatient program that will see the ECG feature used to provide medical data to professionals for assessment.
The ECG feature will be available on Apple Watch Series 4 and Apple Watch Series 5 wearables once it has been enabled, with the future Apple Watches also likely to be approved as well.
The feature will allow Apple Watch wearers to carry out an ECG that could potentially alert them to issues such as atrial fibrillation (AFib). The very same feature has already been proven to save lives in other countries where it is available.
The more people who have access to this feature, the better. It’s great to see more countries coming online.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 7 IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 7 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 7 Profile File Download Without Apple Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.7 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Released With Automatic COVID-19 Notifications
- Jailbreak iOS 13.7 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 13.7 To iOS 13.6.1, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.