Apple has released the latest in its ongoing run of iPhone X videos, this time focusing on Face ID and the way it allows iPhone owners to use complex passwords without the need to remember them themselves.
Face ID allows the authentication of passwords in third-party apps, just as Touch ID did before it.
The latest video, which runs for around 90 seconds, is titled Memory and takes the form of a quiz show in which a contestant is asked a final question. With the contestant asked to share a banking password that he created earlier in the day, the man struggles to remember it.
Eventually, as he is about to lose the game he uses his iPhone X to access his account, with Face ID authentication saving the day. Apple’s story here is that remembering passwords should not be a case of relying on our memories.
Remembering your password doesn’t have to feel like a memory challenge. With Face ID on iPhone X, your face is your password.
Apple’s video is the latest in a run which highlights how Face ID can be used for things like making payments and more. The iPhone X is currently the only Face ID-enabled device that Apple makes, although this is expected to change when new iPads arrive at some point later this year, along with next-gen iPhone models.
The new video can be watched via the official Apple YouTube channel, as can the rest of the company’s promotional videos covering the iPhone, HomePod and more.
(Source: Apple [YouTube])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12 Beta 4 Download, Public Beta 3 Expected Release Date
- iOS 11.3.1 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks On Cydia For Electra [Compatibility List]
- Download: Electra iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak Electra1131 IPA Released
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]