While everyone was up pre-ordering their iPhone XR this morning, Apple quietly added something less exciting but definitely more intriguing to its store, with a new 0.3m Magnetic Apple Watch Charger available, complete with a USB-C connector at the end of its cable.
This is the first time that Apple has offered an Apple Watch charger with a USB-C connector and it joins the existing Lightning to USB-C cables that have been in the store for a while.
What’s perhaps most interesting about this release, apart from the fact it exists at all, is the fact that it comes in such an oddly short length.
o.3m is very, very short and while perhaps great for those who don’t want to travel with huge cables in their bags, given how far away from bed-side tables plug sockets can be, we’re not really sure what Apple was thinking here. It’s obviously possible that longer cables will arrive in due course, but why not launch them simultaneously?
Anyone who has a burning desire to charge their Apple Watch via USB-C and doesn’t mind the 0.3m length can order themselves a cable right now, for $29 no less, from the Apple Store for next-day shipping. The cable is expected to start arriving in retail outlets at some point next week.
Apple is on a bit of a USB-C roll at the moment, especially given the strong suspicions that the new 2018 iPad Pros will also have some sort of USB-C connectivity built-in.
Will the 2019 iPhones also follow suit?
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12.1 Final Download Could Be Available Next Week With iPhone XR Release
- Download: iOS 12.1 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Released Alongside tvOS 12.1 And watchOS 5.1 Betas
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Update: Apple Stops Signing iOS 11.4.1, Here’s What That Means
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.0.1 To iOS 12.0 / 11.4.1
- iOS 12.0.1 Release Notes, Changes, Security Content Detailed By Apple
- Download: iOS 12.0.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 / 12 / 12.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]