Apple patents can often give us an idea of what is coming down the pike but sometimes they never find their way into anything that actually ships. Their latest patent could fall into either of those categories.
According to the patent – which was published by the US Patent and Trademark Office this past Thursday – Apple might be looking into using its iconic Apple logo as some sort of notification light. It could show an “incoming communication” or “calendar reminder” by changing the appearance of the Apple logo so that it can alert users.
This, of course, isn’t anything new in the smartphone world. Gaming phones from the likes of Razer already do something like this, and while it sounds like a great idea in principal, we’re not sure how useful it would really be in day-to-day use.
However, rumors of Apple bringing back its rainbow Apple logo are much more our speed. Unfortunately, we can’t imagine both of those things happening.
It is, of course, important to remember at this point that Apple patents a lot of things and few of them ever show up in products that sell in Apple Stores. Whether this patent is one of those is something we’ll have to wait and see.
If we start to see parts of a supposed iPhone 12 with a cutout where the Apple logo is, we’ll have our answer.
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.1 / iPadOS 13.1.1 To 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.4.1, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Download: iOS 13.1.1 / iPadOS 13.1.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad