United States President Donald Trump made his first State of the Union address yesterday and took the opportunity to mention Apple when speaking of growth within the U.S. economy, acknowledging Apple’s plans to invest in its home country with a new campus and additional jobs in the pipeline. Apple announced late last year that it planned to invest around $350 billion in the United States economy over the coming five years with 20,000 jobs set to be created.
Apple has just announced plans to invest a total of $350 billion in America, and hire another 20,000 workers.
Apple will also be building another new campus to house some of the new employees, although the company has not yet confirmed where that will be located, specifically.
Apple today announced a new set of investments to build on its commitment to support the American economy and its workforce, concentrated in three areas where Apple has had the greatest impact on job creation: direct employment by Apple, spending and investment with Apple’s domestic suppliers and manufacturers, and fuelling the fast-growing app economy which Apple created with iPhone and the App Store.
President Trump also spoke of the tax reform that will make it possible for Apple to repatriate billions of its dollars to the United States while taking advantage of tax breaks afforded by the government.
Trump is no stranger to bringing Apple’s announcement up – the day after the company announced its plans to create new jobs and invest in the country, Trump said that he thanked CEO Tim Cook with a phone call, admitting that he thought Cook meant millions and not billions when reciting the numbers involved.
You may also like to check out:
- Fix Kodi Failed To Install A Dependency Error In 17 / 17.6 Krypton, Here’s How [2018 Edition]
- Fix Kodi Startup Crashes On Windows 10, Android, iPhone, More [2018 Guide]
- iOS 11.3 Beta 2 Download Expected Release Date
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak Update: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]