Despite continued rumors and claims by analysts that the iPhone X is showing poorer sales than Apple had anticipated, new data tracked by Kantar Worldpanel has that very same iPhone X as one of the top three best-selling smartphones for the month of December.
The iPhone X was in the top three in Europe, the United States, China, Japan and Australia, according to the report.
While iOS market share apparently fell – less than 1%, admittedly – in the United States during October to December of 2017, the report noted that iOS loyalty has apparently “reached a new high of 96 percent.” Kantar’s researchers believe that the approach of offering the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X at multiple price points has given Apple’s smartphone improved share in the aforementioned markets.
“The full results for the last quarter of the year show that Apple’s decision to release three new handsets over a staggered period, including the ultra high-end iPhone X, has been a sound one. With Apple’s existing release structure, expectations would always be that the flagship model would be the top selling device in key developed markets, but with the premium price of iPhone X, real life affordability has come into play. Given that in December iPhone X made it into the top three best-selling devices across all key regions, particularly in urban China where it was the top selling model, the pricing strategy seems to have been vindicated.”
There have been claims of poor, or disappointing iPhone X sales throughout 2018 thus far, something that it has been claimed will see Apple ditch the iPhone X in September. We have already made our thoughts on that known – if there is indeed a chance Apple will not keep the iPhone X around come the end of this year, that is only because it will be replaced with a similarly high-end device and the company simply cannot afford to have a cheaper iPhone X cannibalizing sales of any other device it may announce.
You may also like to check out:
- Snapchat++ Ban Wave 2018 In Effect, Avoid Third-Party Apps For A While To Save Your Account
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak Update: Here’s What You Need To Know
- iOS 11.2.2 Jailbreak Update: Zimperium zLabs Team To Release Vulnerabilities In Apple’s “bluetoothd” Daemon
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]