UPDATE x6: Pangu iOS 7.1.1 and iOS 7.1 jailbreak tool can jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 as well. Follow our detailed tutorial on how to do so on all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models:
- Download iOS 7.1.2 For iPhone, iPad [Direct Download Links]
- Jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 Untethered On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [How-To Tutorial]
UPDATE x5: iOS 7.1.1 and iOS 7.1 untethered jailbreak has now been released. We have covered it in detailed in separate posts given right below:
- Download Pangu iOS 7.1.1 Jailbreak For Windows, Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 And iOS 7.1 Untethered Using Pangu [How-To Tutorial]
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 Or iOS 7.1 On Mac OS X Using Pangu, ALL Devices Supported [Tutorial]
- iOS 7.1.1 / 7.1 Compatible Cydia Jailbreak Tweaks [LIST]
As most of you might already know by now, iOS 7.1.x has been out for a few months and if you want to preserve your device’s jailbreaking potential, then you must avoid updating to it at all costs as the Evasi0n7 untethered jailbreaking tool has, as we expected, been patched by the Cupertino-based company in this latest update.
Even though Apple pushed out several iOS 7.0.x releases without patching Evasi0n, it was something of a formality that iOS 7.1 – the first major update since iOS 7 arrived in September – would not be so accommodating. The first couple of betas seemed to let things slide, but with Apple getting to work on counteracting the exploits in the latter releases, it was evident that the final, end-user version would almost certainly be locked down.
Whether the Evad3rs team has any exploits up its sleeve, or plans to get to work on iOS 7.1.x, remains to be seen. With the software now halfway through its life-cycle, it may well be that any current progress is saved for the battle against iOS 8 later on this year, in which case, it’s even more essential that jailbreak fans remain on iOS 7.0.x for the time being.
The cat-and-mouse battle is ongoing, and now, it will be intriguing to see how the jailbreak scene responds. Thanks to Evad3rs, which includes seasoned jailbreakers like Pod2g and MuscleNerd, Cydia has been thriving, with many great tweaks, apps and themes having appeared over the past couple of months. We sincerely hope that this trend will continue, whether iOS 7.1.x is breached or not, but by refraining from updating, you can ensure that you and your iOS device remains a part of the fun.
So, the take-home message here is this: do not update to iOS 7.1.x. If and when a jailbreak is made available, we will – as ever – let you guys know, and provide our usual tutorials and step-by-step guides on how you can go about jailbreaking your device.
Until then, though, sit tight, remain on your current firmware, and continue enjoying the many wondrous tweaks provided by the scene.
Update x1: Winocm posted a video on YouTube demonstrating iOS 7.1 untethered boot, which further adds fuel to the fact that the untethered iOS 7.1 jailbreak is on its way. But no time frame has been given for its release and there’s no word from the Evad3rs team either, the people behind the Evasi0n7 untethered jailbreak.
Update x2: iH8sn0w claimed on Twitter that his iPhone 4s is currently jailbroken on iOS 7.1. But details, as usual, are scarce, and it’s currently unknown when the actual jailbreak will be made available in the public domain.
Update x3: Apple has now released iOS 7.1.1, which just like the 7.1 firmware can’t be jailbroken on the latest devices as yet. If you are on 7.0.6 or below, you are advised to stay where you are if you want to keep your jailbreak.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.1 Final IPSW For iPhone And iPad [Direct Download links]
- Downgrade iOS 7.1.1 / 7.1 To 7.0.6: Is It Possible?
- Download iOS 7.1.1 IPSW For iPhone And iPad [Download Links]
If you’re still on iOS 7.0.6 then check out our how-to jailbreak tutorials:
- iOS 7 – 7.0.4 Jailbreak: Download Evasi0n 7.0.6 For iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod touch [Windows / Mac]
- Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.4 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n 7 [Video Tutorial]