By now, it should be common knowledge to anyone remotely involved in the world of jailbreaking that CoolStar, the developer of the Electra jailbreak, had quit Twitter, announced his exit from the jailbreak scene, and was just generally aggrieved at people’s attitude towards him and his work.
Well, it appears those issues have been resolved “privately” with the developer returning back to Twitter and quite possibly jailbreaking development. This development comes shortly after he updated his website with a heap of updates on the unfortunate turn of events the past few days.
The new page, which can be found over at https://coolstar.org/electra/notice.html, has all the details in a dated format for anyone still interested in knowing CoolStar’s perspective on the whole drama that occurred last week. At the time of writing, there were two entries on this new page, dated February 19th and February 22nd, in which the developer of Electra briefly talks about the current fall-out in the jailbreak world and even goes into detail about some of the known issues with the Cydia installation that is part of the currently unreleased version of Electra.
He briefly touched on what people are calling “DRM” in Electra’s final version, as well as reaffirming that without these checks Cydia would be entirely unusable if installed over the top of another jailbreak which has used a different tool. He’s also let the world know that there is a bug in the leaked Electra RC 1.2 build:
Btw. found a bug in our Cydia setup today that will cause Cydia to stop working randomly at some point on everyone’s devices if they installed the leaked RC 1.2 build, so if you did that… good luck.
(CoolStar announcing his return on Twitter)
Like many talented individuals who have come before him, CoolStar appears to be entirely fed up with the attitude and behaviors of a community which he has worked so hard to provide assistance to. And it’s very hard to disagree with his stance.
It’s unlikely that outsiders will ever know the true full story behind the leak of Electra, but if the community keeps hounding and treating its talent like it currently does, then it won’t be long before jailbreaking is a thing of the past.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.6 Jailbreak Update: SEP And Baseband Compatible For An iOS 11.1.2 Restore And Jailbreak
- iOS 11.3 Beta 4 Download Release Date Expectation For iPhone And iPad
- Download GApps 8.1 ARM64 APK for OnePlus, Pixel, Nexus Devices And More
- iOS 11.2.6 Jailbreak: Here’s What You Need To Know
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]