The following step by step instructions are going to help you jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 4G / 3G using GreenPois0n on Mac OS X. Support for Apple TV and iPod touch 2G will be added soon.
NOTE for iPhone 4: If you rely on an unlock, do not update to iOS 4.1 yet as doing so will upgrade your baseband, making it impossible for now to unlock. Either use TinyUmbrella to update to iOS 4.1 without update baseband (instructions here), or wait for PwnageTool which will help you cook custom firmware files for iOS 4.1 without the upgraded baseband.
Step 1: Download GreenPois0n for Mac OS X from the link given below.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone via USB to your Mac and click on “Jailbreak” as seen in the screenshot below.
Step 3: Now follow the following onscreen instructions:
- Press and hold the sleep button for 3 seconds
- Continue holding sleep; press and hold home for 10 seconds.
- Release sleep button; continue holding home for 10 seconds.
Step 4: Your device should now be in DFU mode. Jailbreak will now start automatically as shown in the screenshot below. Once done, your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch should be jailbroken on iOS 4.1 !
Step 5: Now start “Loader” found on the homescreen and install Cydia:
That’s it! You are done !
- Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS with Limera1n [How to Video Guide]
- Jailbreak iPod touch 4G / 3G on iOS 4.1 using Limera1n [How to Video Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 3.2.2 on iPad using Limera1n [How to Video Guide]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 4G / 3G on Mac [Video Guide]
Unlock for iOS 4.1 (Old Baseband)
There is currently no way to unlock your iPhone on the latest 05.14.02 / 2.10.04 basebands. If you have managed to preserve your baseband while upgrading to iOS 4.1 using TinyUmbrella, you can use the existing version of Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone on iOS 4.1. Step by step instructions for unlocking can be found here.