If you recently unlocked your iPhone 4 and tried to run it on a T-Mobile US SIM, you must have noticed that MMS doesn’t work anymore. Well good news is that there is now a fix available in Cydia which will fix this problem once and for all.
NOTE: You will need to have a jailbroken iPhone to get it to work. Follow the step by step guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G on iOS 4.0.1. Instructions for unlocking iPhone 4 can be found here, and for iPhone 3GS and 3G can be found here.
Step 1: Start “Cydia” on your iPhone. Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom, and then on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below:
Step 2: Now touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://cydia.pushfix.info” and touch on“Add Source” to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
Step 3: After installation is completed. Search for “T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4” in Cydia and install this application.
Step 4: Now navigate to Settings –> General –> Network –> Cellular Data Network and verify that you have the following settings for MMS:
MMS Proxy: 126.96.36.199:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
Some other JailbreakMe related fixes that you maybe interested in..
- Fix Purple Screen Problem When Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Fix Skype Issues on Jailbroken iOS 4 / 4.0.1 Device
- Fix PDF Exploit in Safari After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe Using PDF Loading Warner
- Fix “Different SIM Detected” Problem in iPhone 4 / 3GS / 3G After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe
- How to Fix FaceTime and MMS Problem on iPhone 4 After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)