Another hour in the day, and another look at a potential issue that people are facing with the brand new Electra jailbreak. This time, it’s not about an error during the process per se, but more about not being able to actually invoke and get access to Cydia without a crash happening each and every time.
Some of the issues with the current Electra jailbreak are relatively easy to solve and get past. Others, however, are slightly more complex and involve a complicated set of steps and troubleshooting to actually get them out of the way.
This issue, which involves Cydia crashing on launch, is some of the easier issues to solve and thankfully doesn’t take a great deal of effort.
Take a look at the steps below to see exactly what you need to do to get up and running with a functional version of Cydia:
- First of all, download the developer account version of Electra. This uses the multipath tcp exploit and offers a different jailbreak experience for those who have access to a developer account. You can grab that from the Electra website under the “Download (dev account)” option over at coolstar.org/electra.
- Make sure that Airplane Mode is active on the device that’s going to be jailbroken.
- Make sure that both Siri and Find My iPhone are disabled on the device.
- Finally, make sure that all of the device’s RAM is cleared up. You can find out how to do that here.
Once all of the above steps have been followed, then you should be able to jailbreak the device again using the multipath version of the jailbreak and get immediate access to Cydia. This, of course, does come with the downside that you will need an active Apple Developer account for this to work.
If you continue to have the problem then it’s definitely worth going through the process again and seeing if a second or third attempt resolves the problem. If not, then it could be prudent to take a step back and wait to see if the development team provides an official response to this.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.3.1 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks On Cydia For Electra [Compatibility List]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 Using Electra On Any iPhone, iPad Or iPod touch [Tutorial]
- Download: Electra iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak Electra1131 IPA Released
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]