Here’s how to enable and start to use Voice Control feature in macOS 10.15 Catalina on your Mac for accessibility, or otherwise purposes.
Apple’s macOS 10.15 Catalina has plenty going for it but one of the big standout features as far as accessibility is concerned is the addition of Voice Control. Whether you’re using it because it’s easier than using a keyboard, or you just want to save your fingers, Voice Control can be a game changer.
Apple made bold claims about Voice Control when macOS 10.15 Catalina was announced back in June and it won’t be until we hear more and more people using it that we know for sure whether the Cupertino firm delivered on those claims. Apple does say that Voice Control will understand context and act accordingly, but again, we’ll just have to see.
Using Voice Control is pretty simple, but it’s disabled by default. To enable it, head to System Preferences > Accessibility > Voice Control and click the Enable Voice Control checkbox.
Now that Voice Control is enabled, you’ll see a new icon just above the trash icon in your Dock. Click it to begin using Voice Control and click it again to stop. Simple enough, right?
You can see all of the available commands by going to System Preferences > Accessibility > Voice Control and clicking the Commands button. All of the ones you’d expect are there, such as Open, Quit, Search, Close, Copy, Paste, and a ton more. You can even add new commands by clicking the Commands button in Voice Control and then clicking the plus button.
Voice Control can really change the way you use a Mac, and it’s great to see Apple pushing resources into features like this.
You may also like to check out:
- macOS 10.15 Catalina Compatibility: Full List Of Compatible Macs
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- iOS 13.2 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple