Uber has confirmed the addition of CarPlay support to its iPhone app, but it’ll only be useful for those who drive cars for a living.
The new Uber app is designed to be used by Uber drivers as they work and is now rolling out to drivers across the United States. It’s expected to be made available to all by the end of the month, with Uber alerting drivers via an email.
The Uber app will replace the need for people to have an app open and their phone in a dock while driving, but it goes beyond that. The new feature will mean that drivers will have larger maps to follow and a bigger screen to use the Uber app on in general.
It also means that drivers won’t need to keep switching apps to manage their ride queues and see maps.
Those who already have access to the new CarPlay support can access the interface by open the app and tapping “Go” to go online. With the iPhone connected to the car they can then just open the app in CarPlay and they’ll be good to go.
Now that CarPlay support has been added Uber fans will no doubt hope that the company’s developers can get around to adding Live Activities support — the feature was teased in June at the iOS 16 announcement event but it still hasn’t come to fruition.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.