This iOS 16 Lock Screen widget lets you add app shortcuts to iPhone’s Lock Screen. Here are the details.
Apple’s new iOS 16 update allows people to put widgets on their Lock Screen, and a new app turns that feature into the ability to open any app from there, too.
The app, called Launchify, lets people turn their Lock Screen widgets into launchers for other apps whether they are Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, or anything else for that matter.
If there’s an app installed on your iPhone there is little reason why you wouldn’t be able to open it using Launchify. If there’s an app that you find yourself launching repeatedly every time you unlock your iPhone, this app could save you a couple of taps each time.
The iOS 16 update is now available for download by anyone who wants it after months of beta testing by developers and those on the public beta program. Other features include the ability to edit and unsend iMessages, but the new Lock Screen widgets and improved customization are the biggest additions for many.
While iOS 16 is now available, the iPad version — iPadOS 16 — or iPadOS 16.1 to be precise, isn’t set to be released until next month.
You can download Launchify for free from the App Store right now. However, there’s an in-app subscription available that includes advanced features including the ability to add more than one shortcut to the Lock Screen at any one time.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- iOS 16 Final OTA Profile File Download And IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.