The model 3 has proven hugely popular thanks to its relatively inexpensive price as a great way to get into a Tesla. But Tesla CEO Elon Musk wants to go a step further, and while the car might get cheaper, it might not even have a steering wheel inside according to an Elektrek report.
While the steering wheel claim is probably Musk letting wishful thinking get the better of him, the move to a “compelling $25,000 electric vehicle” is quite possible.
Tesla isn’t yet saying exactly how it plans to manage to cut the price of its cars so far, but Musk did allude to a combination of making the car cheaper to build while also managing to improve battery technology to the point of saving money there, too.
Unfortunately, Mush also seems think that the car will be “fully autonomous,” which seems highly unlikely given Tesla’s issues with getting its FSD update out of the door.
The requirements to get a self-driving car out and onto the roads are many and varied, not least law changes that would allow it. Given we’re now getting very close to the beginning of 2022, Tesla isn’t giving itself much time to get things lined up for any of this to happen.
(Image: Concept render of Tesla Model 2)
Still, the idea of a $25,000 Tesla, steering wheel or not, sounds pretty great to us. So long as the company doesn’t cut too many corners to get turn the idea into reality.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 8 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 8 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.