Apple’s iPhone 12 mini went on sale yesterday and a number of people have already started to complain about an issue that appears to affect the touch sensitivity of the device’s Lock screen.
A number of people have taken to the MacRumors forums to complain while yet more have also posted to Reddit, adding their own experiences to a growing number.
According to reports, the issue relates to swiping up to begin the unlock process.
Specifically, the problem manifests for most users when swiping up from the bottom of the Lock Screen using their thumb to unlock the device, or when pressing the torch or camera buttons on the Lock Screen.
The issue seems to be that the screen doesn’t detect the swipe, meaning the unlocking process never begins. Some people believe this could be related to a grounding issue, with others reporting that the issue is fixed when the device is plugged into the wall and charging.
We haven’t yet heard anything from Apple on the situation and it’s unlikely we will. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed via a software update and iPhone 12 mini users will be back up and running at full speed in no time.
It wouldn’t be an iPhone launch without some sort of reported issues. We’ve heard of yellow screens before, while other issues have also reared their heads during launch week in recent years.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.