A skydiver who had his iPhone in his pocket when he jumped into the sky has shared how he was able to collect the phone from the ground and have it still work.
The skydiver, called Hatton Smith, didn’t realize that he’d left his iPhone in his pocket when he jumped and a TikTok clip shows the phone actually falling out of his pocket in the air.
It then proceeds to fall to the ground where some might have expected to find it in pieces. That wasn’t the case however, with Smith saying that the phone still worked.
In the comments on the video Smith noted that his iPhone was in a Catalyst case which probably helped ensure that it was left unharmed. And anyone who thought that this might be a stealthy ad for the company can think again — Smith says that he’s been struggling to get hold of anyone at the company to tell them the story.
The case is surely only half of the story here, though. The phone landed in a muddy area rather than something more unforgiving like pavement. But the fact the phone survived is still pretty impressive, especially considering the fact that at one point it’s thought that it was falling through the air at around 100mph.
When your phone falls out of your pocket at 14,000 feet #fail #screammovie
This makes it all the more galling that people sometimes drop their iPhone from a table and have it smash into a million pieces, really.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.