As soon as Apple’s iPhone X hit store shelves attention turned to Samsung, with people wondering what the answer to the biggest iPhone release in years will be.
That answer will be the Galaxy S9, and while we do not know too much about it just yet, we may be set to see it a little sooner than first thought. With Samsung generally announcing its Galaxy S flagships around March or April time, the assumption was that a similar release window would be used for the Galaxy S9. According to Business Korea however, that may not be the case.
According to the publication, Samsung instead intends to announce the Galaxy S9 in January 2018, presumably to coincide with the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. This is by the way not the first time we have heard Samsung launching the handset at CES 2018. With all eyes now on CES, if Samsung was to announce a new flagship device during the show, it is fair to say it would garner even more attention than usual. The Mobile World Congress event which follows shortly after CES could also be a potential announcement venue, something that LG has done with its own flagships in the past.
If Business Korea’s sources are correct, Samsung’s decision to bring the Galaxy S9’s launch forward is very much with a view to try and detract from the attention that Apple’s iPhone X is receiving. That’s no mean feat, but with Samsung more than capable of putting out great hardware these days, anything is possible. We know we cannot wait to see what the firm’s response to the iPhone X will look like.
If a January 2018 announcement is indeed on the cards, we would expect to start seeing more concrete leaks regarding its appearance and specification soon enough, too. We’ll let you know when we start to hear murmurings.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Pokemon Go 1.53.2 For iOS, 0.83.3 APK For Android Rolling Out
- The Loop Kodi Addon: Install It For Sports IPTV Channels, Here’s How
- Upgrade / Downgrade To iOS 10.3.3 On iPhone 5s And Other A7 Devices As Apple Is Signing It For Life
- Download NDS4iOS iOS 11 IPA On iPhone Or iPad [No Jailbreak Required]
- vShare iOS 11 Download For IPA Files [No Jailbreak Required]
- Download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 / 11.1.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]