Wireless chargers are great at getting power into smartphones without anyone having to plug a cable in. That’s pretty much the only thing they need to do, but that means that even while some of those wireless chargers aren’t the ugliest thing in a room, nobody would accuse them of looking good. That’s a problem that the folks at accessory maker Twelve South set out to fix with the PowerPic, and they might have managed it.
As that name might give away, the PowerPic is a wireless charger masquerading as a photo frame. Made from New Zealand pine, the frame holds any 5″ x 7″ photo but also has a 10W wireless charger built right in. The idea is that you put a photo in the frame and have that sit there when the charger is not in use, looking just like any other modern picture frame. However, when you need to get a little more juice into your smartphone, you slap it on top of the photo and it magically starts charging. Anything up to 1oW is good to go, and cases up to 3mm in thickness are also unlikely to cause any charging issues, according to the manufacturer.
Twelve South even offers some photos that it thinks would go well with the frame, as well as some smartphone wallpapers that can be used. That way, when the device is placed on charge and the display lights up, the phone’s wallpaper can be used to “complete” the image. Imagine a photo of Paris that, when a phone is placed on top, gains an Eiffel Tower. The effect is impressive, although it will only work while the phone’s display is lit up. Still, it’s a great idea.
The PowerPic is available for order now at twelvesouth.com/product/powerpic and costs $79.99 with free shipping.
You’ll have two colors to choose from – black or white – so you should be able to make this thing fit in with your decor without too many problems.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 On iPhone XS Max Achieved By KeenLab
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA For Compatible iPhone And iPad
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download 2018 iPad Pro Wallpapers For Any iPad, iPhone