Pixelmator Pro Update Adds LUT Support For Better Color Adjustments
A new version of the popular photo editing app Pixelmator Pro includes support for LUTs for the first time.
Now available for download as a free update for exiting users, the new version of Pixelmator Pro has plenty to offer.
LUTs are great ways to make edits to the colors used in an image wholesale, without having to make individual changes manually. Pixelmator Pro ships with 48 as standard and you can add more from your Mac, too.
Pixelmator Pro 2.0.8 brings full support for LUTs. So you can now apply the color adjustments made using Pixelmator Pro to other graphics and video apps, such as Final Cut Pro, import and export LUTs, and even convert LUTs into color adjustments using machine learning.
Users can drag a supported LUT into the newly updated Pixelmator Pro and the app will automatically import it. The app will also use machine learning to convert those LUTS into color adjustments that will be made to your images.
• Use the new Custom LUT color adjustment to apply LUTs to images. Simply drag a supported LUT file onto the Color Adjustments pane to import it!
• Using machine learning, Pixelmator Pro can intelligently convert LUT files into color adjustments, so you can fine-tune the LUTs you import.
• Export adjustments as LUTs to use in other compatible graphics, video, and even 3D apps.
• Quickly export presets as LUTs – simply Control-click a preset and choose Export as LUT.
• See a live preview of each LUT directly in your image as you hover over LUTs in your collection.
• Enjoy a set of 48 LUTs in 5 different collections, ranging from cinematic LUTs and common photographic filters to grayscale conversion LUTs and more.
• Script LUT import and export using AppleScript.
The update is free for existing users while those getting into Pixelmator Pro fresh can pick it up from the Mac App Store for $39.99 right now.