Apple’s iPhones have been known to shatter just from someone looking at them sometimes and while that can be a real boon for those in the iPhone case trade, it’s no good for anyone who is wanting to keep their pride and joy in as-new condition for as long as possible.
However, we sometimes hear about iPhones that have survived what we would reasonably expect to be fatal falls, and we have two such instances of exactly that to share with you today. One involves an iPhone falling from a plane and the other from what is described as the “world’s tallest swing ride.”
Starting off with the latter of the two, Click Orlando shared a story in which Cansel Yildirim was riding on StarFlyer which is a swing ride that flies over International Drive in Orlando. As she was recording her adventures her case-less iPhone 7 Plus slipped from her grasp, falling to the ground. Amazingly, once the ride was over, she was able to use Find My iPhone to locate her phone – and it was in one piece.
“It is truly a miracle that nothing has happened to my phone as it didn’t break or crack at all,” Yildirim said.
In the video, the phone appears to be flipping as it makes its way down. The motion and sound of hard, fast winds stop when you hear the camera finally hit the ground. The phone lands face up and captures the rest of Yildirim’s long ride on the giant swingset.
Moving on, we have WhoTV in Iowa which reported on a story in which an iPhone apparently fell 1,000 feet onto the ground after it fell from a plane. Savrinder Naberhaus was airborne in a vintage biplane as part of the American Barnstomers 2018 tour when her iPhone also fell from her hands while taking photos.
Amazingly, Naberhaus was also able to use Find my iPhone to locate the stricken smartphone.
“I thought I don’t think I’m gonna find it I’m just gonna leave, maybe I should at least try ringing it one more time,” said Naberhaus. “I thought I heard ringing, I’m trying to walk as quickly as I can towards the ringing sound.”
“I literally went into shock,” said Johnson. “I asked this is this for real? Is that the same phone?” and I said “this is a miracle phone, you can’t drop a phone 1000 feet and have it still work!”
Amazing, right? Check out the videos of both events for some more context surrounding the two miracles.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 On iPhone X By Downgrading To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 To Older Firmware Version On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]