Scott Guthrie has announced the availability of Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio March 2009 CTP in his keynote address at MIX conference in Vegas.
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio extend Visual Studio to enable the creation, building, debugging, running and packaging of scalable services on Windows Azure. Installation includes the Windows Azure SDK.
Please note that this is a CTP release and should not be used on production systems. Please see the EULA for more details.
New for the March 2009 CTP:
- Combined installer includes the Windows Azure SDK
- Addressed top customer bugs
- Native Debugging of Cloud Service Roles
- FastCGI Project Template
- Update Notifications of future releases
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio includes:
- C# and VB Project Templates for building Cloud Services
- Tools to change the Service Role configuration
- Integrated local development via the Development Fabric and Development Storage services
- Debugging Cloud Service Roles running in the Development Fabric
- Building and packaging of Cloud Service Packages
- Browsing to the Azure Services Developer Portal
- SSL Certificate selection
UPDATE: Windows Azure Software Development Kit (March 2009 CTP) is now available for download too.