Normally around this time of year, we’re seeing plenty of iPhone leaks, and while they’re definitely happening, the most ridiculous leak of all appears to be Mac Pro related. And we don’t mean ridiculous in a good way.
We know that a new Mac Pro is in development and that it should be ready for this year. There’s a slight expectation that Apple will show the Mac Pro off at WWDC next month, although nobody expects it to be ready to buy at that time. However, an image posted to Imgur claims to be of a presentation for the ‘Mac Pro 7.1”.
The document itself is labelled as having last been modified in November of 2018, with the “Apple Internal” tag also included. However, the author’s name is blurred out as you might expect.
The claimed document lists the specifications of the Mac Pro, with some of them making us even less convinced that this thing is actually legit. Starting out, there’s mention of DDR5 RAM, which isn’t expected to be ready for real usage until 2020 at the earliest. Apple isn’t usually one for being the first out of the gate with such things, so we’re not really into that at all. There’s been no mention of ECC versions of DDR5 RAM either, as noted by Apple Insider, so we’re taking this with a sizeable pinch of salt.
Moving on, there’s supposed support for Thunderbolt 4, which isn’t a thing yet. It’s possible it could be around the corner and shared with the world as part of the new Mac Pro, but again, this reads more like a wish list than anything that’s going to ship.
And then there’s the design. It just looks…un-Apple. But hey, we’ve been wrong before.
For now, though, we’re giving this a very unlikely chance of being a real leak and if this is indeed what the Mac Pro has inside, or what it looks like, we’d be very, very surprised.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.3 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download: Final Version Of macOS 10.14.5, tvOS 12.3, watchOS 5.2.1 Released [Update: HomePod OS 12.3 As Well]
- iOS 12.3 Final Release Notes, Changelog And Features You Need To Know About
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]