It’s a big day for Apple today, with the 2018 iPhone lineup as well as a new Apple Watch all set to be announced in a few hours at an event to be held at the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park. However, as the hours continue to tick down it’s looking increasingly likely that there will be nothing to actually announce after another slip up by Apple allowed more details to leak via its own website.
As has been discovered by AllThingsHow, a number of details have cropped up thanks to an XML file that provides the URLs for a number of unannounced Apple products, presumably ready for when the Apple Store comes back online after the event.
The issue is that AllThingsHow was able to get its hands on the file before the store was taken down this morning, giving us a look at what’s on the horizon.
There’s a fair bit to go through here, so hold on to your hats:
1. We now know for sure that the 6.1-inch iPhone will be called the iPhone Xr thanks to the leak. We also know, thanks to the URLs discovered, that the iPhone Xr will come in a number of colors; black, white, red, yellow, coral and blue. Storage options will include 64GB, 128GB and 256GB.
2. We now also know that the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max names are correct, but we also know that those two iPhone models will also ship with a 512GB storage option as well, so anyone who finds themselves short on storage how has an option that they didn’t have before. Storage options will be 64GB, 256GB and 512GB.
3. Both the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max will have official silicone and leather cases available at launch. The iPhone Xs will have Silicone Cases in Black, White, Midnight Blue, (PRODUCT)Red, and Stone, as well as Xs Leather Cases in (PRODUCT)Red, Taupe, and Black. Leather Folio Cases were also found in (PRODUCT)RED, Green, Black, Cape Cod Blue, and Peony Pink. Those buying an iPhone Xs Max will be able to choose from the same colors in silicone, although no leather options were spotted in the XML file. That doesn’t mean they aren’t there, though.
4. Finally, we have the Apple Watch Series 4 confirmed as well as two new display sizes; 40mm and 44mm. It’s likely these larger sizes are made possible by decreasing the bezel size as had been rumored, with GPS and cellular versions available in Gray, Silver and Gold aluminum. As usual, there will also be Nike and Hermes versions available, too, although no ceramic option was seen.
There was no mention of any iPad Pros in the XML file which might suggest we will not see those devices refreshed during this event, but we’ll have to wait and see in order to be sure.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone Xs / Xs Max 10W Fast Wireless Charger: Here Are The Best Ones
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- iPhone Xs Max Vs Xr Vs Galaxy Note 9 [Size Comparison]
- Download iOS 12 GM Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]