With Apple roundly expected to launch a trio of iPhones in different screen sizes this September, perhaps the obvious question, if you follow the smartphone market, is what Samsung will do in order to compete with the added breadth of Apple’s iPhone lineup. Previously, Samsung has pitted its Galaxy S devices squarely against the iPhone and with two screen sizes available that made perfect sense.
However, with three new iPhones coming up, the rumors have Samsung going toe-to-toe with Apple next year, launching its own flagship in three sizes to compete.
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes that Samsung will match Apple by following a similar pattern with the Galaxy S10. That means we can expect 5.8-inch, 6.1-inch, and 6.4-inch models. Also of particular interest are the two larger devices, with Kuo claiming that the two handsets will include a new ultrasonic fingerprint scanner that is built into the phones’ displays. As you might expect, the same technology will also make its way into the Galaxy Note 10, a phone that will be launched around a year from now with the Galaxy Note 9 not yet officially announced.
Just as Apple is expected to do with the 2018 iPhones, Samsung is also expected to cut some corners on the lower-end Galaxy S10 next year. The lack of a fingerprint sensor is the main one, with less capable camera systems and face recognition features likely to give way in order to make sure that a lower price point can be met.
While Samsung may be set to mimic Apple’s iPhone lineup early next year, it’s unclear whether that will extend to a notch. Samsung is so far the notable absentee from a growing list of smartphone makers that have taken the notch to heart, so it will be very interesting to see how the Galaxy S10 pans out in that regard at the very least.
(Source: Business Insider)
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 On iPhone X By Downgrading To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 To Older Firmware Version On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]