Considering we run a number of posts which are dedicated to tutorials on how to jailbreak iOS devices, as well as featuring new and impressive tweaks and enhancements which find their way onto Cydia, the chances are, that a good portion of those reading this have enjoyed the benefits which a liberated Apple device can bring. What started out as an exercise of technical ability has turned into a thriving and talented community which features security researchers, developers, device interface artists, and a loyal user base who support and drive the innovation forward.
In any other walk of the life, the creation of an alternative marketplace where users can go to purchase or download additional products would be seen as a good thing, providing healthy competition. It is a widely accepted notion that competition breeds innovation and productivity, bringing the best out of people and forcing them to raise their standards. However, because the Cydia store is installed upon devices as a by-product of jailbreaking, it is often greeted with distain by some sections of society and the media.
A lot of our readers may be familiar with the JailbreakCon event which is happening in San Francisco on September 29th, of which Redmond Pie is the official media partner. The event is dedicated to all things jailbreaking and will feature presentations and talks from some of the most influential and prominent figures of the community such as Cydia creator Jay Freeman, Chronic Dev-Team members iOPK and p0sixninja, the always productive developer Ryan Petrich as well as Apple TV legend NitoTV. The event will also feature hands-on, in-depth workshops where researchers, developers and interface artists will give an insight on just how they go about doing what they do in the hope that it creates a bond between the end-users and developers. JailbreakCon will be taking place at the South San Francisco Conference Center, with early bird tickets being available now at a special discounted rate for those early adopters.
As an exclusive treat to Redmond Pie readers, and to celebrate our partnership with JailbreakCon, the team have put together a package of goodies to be given away to one lucky winner. The competition bundle includes:
- 1 standard admission ticket to the JailbreakCon 2012 event in San Francisco (non-transferrable).
- 1 branded WWJC 2012 t-shirt.
- 1 limited edition iPhone 4/4S WWJC iCarbons protective skin.
- 5 MyGreatFest silicon bands. Produced for the first and only MyGreatFest 2011 event in London.
- 1 Angry Birds iPad 2 case.
- 1 Cygnet headphone pack.
- 1 white iPhone 4 Proof case.
- 2 gaming joysticks for use with iPhone.
- 1 CableJive iStubz Bundle.
- 2 limited edition Steve Jobs Diablo Skinz for the iPhone 4.
- 1 Wooden effect iPad Smart Cover iCarbons skin.
Here is what you have to do to qualify for the giveaway:
- Make sure to follow our three pages on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
- Make sure you also follow JailbreakCon on Twitter and Facebook.
- Click here to share this story with your followers on Twitter.
- Comment on the Facebook post about this story here, we will then choose one lucky winner at random to receive all these goodies mentioned above.
You can be of any age to enter and yes its open for everyone around the world. Last date of entry is Friday, March 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time). Winner from all the valid entries will be drawn and be notified by email on Sunday, 25th March 2012.
UPDATE: Congrats to Nate Townsell! You are the lucky winner of our JailbreakCon 2012 (WWJC) giveaway!