blackra1n RC2 is Live! George Hotz (aka geohot) has released an update to his already popular jailbraking tool named blackra1n which can jailbreak all iPhone’s (2G/3G/3GS) and iPod touches (1G/2G/3G) running iPhone firmware 3.1.2. Here’s what new in blackra1n RC2:
- Fixed all issues that you might had when jailbreaking iPhone 3G with blackra1n RC1.
- Tethered jailbreak for 3.1 OOTB iPod touch 8GB and all the new iPhone 3GS’s.
- Fixed Icy issues.
- Works on both Windows and Mac.
So, what is blackra1n? blackra1n is a 30 second ALL device 3.1.2 jailbreak. Even the ipt3, but the ipt3 is tethered. In order to boot it, just rerun blackra1n.
Note for iPhone 3G and 3GS: Do NOT upgrade to iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n if you want to keep your unlock as doing so will result in upgrade of your baseband which will make it almost impossible for you to unlock. If you want to keep your unlock then follow the guide posted here to unlock your iPhone and iPod touch with PwnageTool 3.1.4.
Jailbreaking instructions are exactly same as it were with blackra1n RC1. Please refer to our step-by-step guides posted below on how to jailbreak iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPod touch 1G/2G/3G with blackra1n RC2:
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPod touch 1G/2G/3G running iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware with blackra1n
If you liked this, then you may also like to check out the following guides:
- How to: Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware with ultrasn0w
- How to: Enable MMS on iPhone 2G 3.1.2 Firmware
- How to: Enable Tethering on iPhone 2G running 3.1.2 Firmware
- How to: Enable Tethering on iPhone 3G/3GS running 3.1.2 Firmware
- How to: Enable iPhone 3GS Voice Control on iPhone 3G and iPhone 2G
- How to: Enable iPhone 3GS Video Editing and Camera Roll in iPhone 3G and 2G
- How to: Fix Missing Carrier Logo on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak
- How to: Patch MobileInstallation file on iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware
Feel free to ask me any questions here should you run into any problems jailbreaking your iPhone or iPod touch with blackra1n RC2.