The first COM5 Build (23502) of Windows Mobile 6.5 has been leaked by Tom_Codon of HTCPedia.com. This latest COM5 build brings in some interesting new changes from the last COM4 (Build 23060) and COM3 (Build 23420) builds of Windows Mobile 6.5 that we covered. Here is what’s new in this COM5 Build 23502 in comparison with COM4 Build 23060 of Windows Mobile 6.5:
Changes in Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23502 (COM5):
- Faster, stable and more responsive than any of the previously leaked COM3 and COM4 Builds.
- Bottom taskbar color is changed to Vista-like dark blue.
- Some GUI fixes for Volume Control.
- Graphically enhanced Scrollbars and checkboxes.
- Graphically enhanced buttons throughout the operating system.
- New and improved Contacts app which was first seen in Build 23412 (COM3 Branch).
- Kinetic flow (ala iPhone) at the start and end of any list view like in Contacts and File Explorer has been removed which is kind of a step down in my honest opinion.
Screenshots from Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23502 (COM5): (Credits: PhamQuang of HTCPedia)
Windows Mobile 6.5 COM5 Build 23502 running HTC TouchFLO 3D 2.6 (aka HTC Sense)
Cooked ROMs of Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23502 are currently available for the following popular Windows Mobile–based handsets:
- HTC Touch HD
- Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1
- Samsung Omnia i900
For download links, Bing or Google is your friend. If you have tested this build and have spotted a change that we have missed then please let us know about it in the comments section below.
We are going to keep a close eye on all the upcoming Windows Mobile 6.5.x builds to see how Microsoft is going to evolve it before the much anticipated Windows Mobile 7 release which could be some time next year. You can follow me on twitter or join our facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest Windows Mobile releases.