The big news in the smartphone world right now is the very recent announcement of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, a phone that isn’t yet available to the public, but is being put through its paces by seemingly half of the Internet.
Thankfully that includes YouTuber EverythingApplePro, which has gone through the now-familiar process of taking the hottest new smartphone and comparing it with the biggest, baddest iPhone available at the time.
That of course, right now at least, is the 2017-released iPhone X. Although the iPhone X is now almost a year old it still has plenty of gas in the tank and that means that the test is still a very valid one. But what were the results?
As the over 10-minute video will show, testing smartphone speeds is not always an easy affair. That’s because while it’s possible to simply run either real-world tests or more synthetic ones, carrying out both is really the only way to get a proper picture of how these things perform. That’s most definitely the case here, with the $999 iPhone X running latest iOS 12 beta outperforming the newer and just-released $999 Galaxy Note 9 running Android 8.1.0 during some real-world tests that involve opening and closing a large number of apps, but the Galaxy Note 9 storming ahead depending on which synthetic test was used.
What all of this really does show is that no matter which phone you buy, you’re getting a very capable device. That being said we suspect the iPhone X’s successor, available next month, will see the tables turn significantly once again. For now though, both the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Apple iPhone X can hold their heads up high because they’re both blazingly fast handsets, regardless of which year they were released in,
(Source: EverythingApplePro [YouTube])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12 Beta 8 Download Of OTA Update And IPSW Links Released
- Best Galaxy Note 9 Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Best Galaxy Note 9 Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 / 11.4 Possibility: Min Zheng Outlines Two Bugs At Defcon 26
- Download: Android 9 Pie Factory Images, OTA For Pixel, Essential Phone Released
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 8 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 8 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]