iOS 16 Recently Deleted Messages are new to this release and here’s where you can find and recover them.
Apple’s iOS 16 update is now available to the world, and it brings with it a number of changes that relate to the Messages app.
Not only can you now edit and delete messages, but now you can also find the deleted threads in case you want them back, too.
You’ve been able to delete message threads for some time but getting them back wasn’t something that you could do. Now, with iOS 16, that’s changed. But the option to retrieve deleted messages is still surprisingly well hidden. But don’t worry, once you know where they are, they’re easy enough to get your hands on.
To find the Recently Deleted messages, just tap the Edit button in the corner of the main Messages window and you’ll see a new option to show all of your recently deleted threads.
Tap that, and you’ll see all of the threads. You can recover them or delete them for good, and you’ll even see how many messages are in each thread, too.
Apple notes that once you do permanently delete a thread it could take up to 40 days for it to be completely removed from Apple’s servers, so perhaps keep that in mind. And threads only hang around for 30 days, so anything you deleted longer than a month ago is gone for good.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- iOS 16 Final OTA Profile File Download And IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.