For the first time in a long time, we have a public-facing jailbreak that liberates the latest publicly available version of iOS. This has all been made possible thanks to an internal Apple mishap and an enthusiastic jailbreak community which jumped on that mishap.
With that said, the Unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12.4 doesn’t come without its issues and we want to help you overcome some of the more common complaints.
Take a look at the headings below to read over some of the commonly experienced issues with the Unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12.4. Thankfully, they are all relatively simplistic in nature and don’t require any long-winded configurations to resolve.
8/31 Debugging Exploit Crash/Reboot
Thankfully, not all issues are entirely complex and difficult to solve. This singular problem appears to be an issue when attempting to jailbreak with Unc0ver 3.5.3 when getting to stage 8/31. Something has clearly gone awry with that release. In order to fix and get past the problem, download the Unc0ver 3.5.2 IPA and use that to jailbreak the device. The process should go smoothly.
Similar to above, crashing out at stage 2/31 appears to be an issue related to the latest version 3.5.3 release of Unc0ver. In order to get passed that, remove the version 3.5.3 app from your device and sideload the version 3.5.2 release via Cydia Impactor. You should then be able to go through the jailbreak process smoothly without rebooting at stage 2/31.
Cydia Opening and Crashing
There are few things worse from a jailbreak perspective than thinking that you are jailbroken and watching in utter horror as Cydia attempts to load and then crashes back to the springboard. If this happens, and Unc0ver appears to be frozen, then simply put the device through a full reboot and then invoke the Unc0ver process once more. It would appear that this issue is caused by getting stuck in a strange non-jailbroken state even through everything would suggest that it has been successful.
We are sure that you will agree that all of the situations above are actually relatively easy to resolve, meaning that you should be on your way to jailbreak freedom in no time at all!
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 12.4:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver [Video Tutorial]
- iOS 12.4 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Unc0ver / Chimera Jailbreaks
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Unc0ver 3.5.0 IPA For iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, iPad Pro Released
- Download iOS 13 Beta 7 IPSW Links And OTA Profile Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 13 Beta 7 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.