Apple’s big week continues, and hot on the back of its March 25th media event, the company has now released a slew of beta software updates many of which bring with them our first chance to play with the newly updated TV app.
When Apple announced all of its new services on Monday, one of the announcements also included a revamped TV app that would allow not only for the new Apple TV+ service, but also new features that make it easier to find new content and more. Those all need testing, and with iOS 12.3 and tvOS 12.3 betas now in the wild, that’s exactly what is happening.
The new TV app includes the old “Watch Now” feature that allowed users to keep tabs on what they are already watching, but it also adds a new “For You” feature that will be populated based on machine learning. Those recommendations will come from over 150 different streaming apps, with subscription services also available via the new Channels feature. The idea is that users can subscribe to channels and have their content appear right inside the new TV app.
The real jewel in the crown is likely to be Apple TV+, Apple’s own in-house content company. None of that content is ready yet, but once it is, it’ll live inside the new TV app. Apple said that the new app will be available to all in May, so there’s still time to iron out any bugs that are noticed as part of this beta process.
That, after all, is why Apple runs these beta programs.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: Apple Releases Final Version Of macOS 10.14.4, watchOS 5.2, tvOS 12.2
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released