Now that Apple has made iOS 12 available to the entire world it’s also released Shortcuts, its replacement for the popular Workflow app. With automation very much the order of the day, Shortcuts is super powerful but as a result, it can also be super complicated.
While some of the more basic shortcuts are relatively easy to follow, some of the more advanced ones will have most people looking on in confusion. Apple is hoping to try and bridge the gap by releasing its own Shortcuts user guide, available now.
The Shortcuts user guide is broken up into four distinct chapters, including Shortcuts basics, Create and use Shortcuts, Manage Shortcuts and Advanced Shortcuts.
Shortcuts in iOS 12 let you get things done with your apps, with just a tap or by asking Siri. In addition to running shortcuts available on your iOS device, you can use the Shortcuts app to create custom shortcuts, simplifying everyday tasks by combining steps across multiple apps.
Alongside the guide, Apple has also started to highlight some of the apps that support Shortcuts out of the gate, with some huge titles on the list. Apps like Things, OmniFocus, 1Password, Keep It, CARROT Weather and many, many more make the list.
So if you’re looking to get started with an app that can make the best of Shortcuts, there is no shortage of choice. We’ve been busy checking out some of our favorite apps over the past few weeks thanks to beta releases, and it’s clear that we are only just scratching the surface of what can be done here.
The next few weeks and months are going to be super exciting and we cannot wait to see what people come up with. For a complete list of supported apps, check out the image below:
Head over to the Shortcuts user guide here, to get started!
You may also like to check out:
- 150+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Fix iOS 12 Battery Life Issues And Percentage Drain, Here’s How [Guide]
- iOS 12 Compatibility List For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.0.1 / 12.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Downgrade iOS 12 To 11.4.1 Final Version On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update
- Download iOS 12.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Download iOS 12 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]