After releasing PS3 root keys publicly this week, followed by a video showing homebrew running on firmware 3.55, Geohot has now released jailbreak for PlayStation 3 firmware 3.55.
it’s jailbreak time
open the zip, you know how to install
would be pirates, don’t waste your time
do not mirror file, link to geohot.com
here is the package from the video
no donations accepted right now, don’t get scammed
old homebrew will not work
new homebrew signing tools coming soon…
How to Jailbreak PS3 on v3.55 Firmware:
1. Plug a USB stick into your computer
2. Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3
3. Create a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE
4. Download http://geohot.com/jailbreak.zip
5. Unzip Jailbreak.zip to PS3UPDAT.PUP
6. Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick
7. Plug the USB stick into your PS3
8. Navigate to Settings Tab
9. Choose System Update
10. Choose Update via Storage Media
11. It will say it found Version 3.55-jb
12. Choose OK
13. Accept Conditions and Install Update
14. After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
15. Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)
16. Your PS3 is now jailbroken!
How to Install Custom Packages on PS3 v3.55 Firmware:
1. Plug your USB stick into your computer
2. Drop http://geohot.com/test.pkg into the root of the USB stick
3. Plug your USB stick into your PS3
4. Navigate to the Game Tab
5. Choose Install Package Files
6. Select the test.pkg
7. After it installs you will find the test package from geohot installed below the Install Package Files folder
8. Wait for more packages to be created by the PS3 community
Thanks to StealthBravo for the instructions !
You can follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google and Apple.