Facebook Messenger may be one of your favorite messaging apps and your go-to communication tool but that doesn’t mean that you know everything about the platform. Thanks to this rather fun easter egg, you can activate Facebook’s secret Dark Mode within the app on Android and iOS.
It may come as a surprise but a lot of popular apps from some of the big players in the game are generally full of fun and interesting hidden gems that will make you feel joy and allow you to experience the app in a different form.
The set of steps that you will see below is just exposure of one easter egg that will let you experience the gorgeous Dark Mode. Let’s jump right in and see what you need to do:
Step 1: First of all, launch Facebook Messenger on your iOS or Android device and allow it to load all of your conversations and other details. Pick a conversation to work with.
Step 2: Once inside of that conversation, get yourself into the message compose window and tap on the icon which lets you choose between inputting GIFs, Emoji icons, or Stickers. This should show up as a smiley face icon on the right-hand side of the text input field.
Step 3: Select the EMOJI option and scroll through the Emoji list until you get to the Animals & Nature section. Select the Crescent Moon emoji and send it over.
Step 4: Once sent, you should would see an animation with the Crescent Moon emoji dropping down like rain from the top of the screen, followed by a notification as seen below, within the Messenger window informing that “You Found Dark Mode!”. Tap the TURN ON SETTINGS button and you’ll be taken to the Settings page. Here, simply toggle the Dark Mode switch to On, and you’re good to go!
Note: If you don’t see Dark Mode, quit Messenger, removing it from the background entirely and relaunching it again. Try sending the emoji once again, and you’ll be notified of having found the new Dark Mode.
The new Dark Mode feature can be toggled on and off at your own discretion as well via Settings.
So, which version do you prefer? The standard Facebook Messenger experience, or the very dark Dark Mode that we have just unlocked?
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade iOS 12.1.4 To iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 For Jailbreak [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4 Using Luca’s WebKit Exploit May Soon Be Possible
- Download iOS 12.1.4 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Critical FaceTime Bug Patch
- Download iOS 12.2 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPad Or iPhone
- Best Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones