Fortnite, one of the most thrilling and exciting battle royale-style games ever to be released for mobile, is now available to download and play without an invite code on Apple’s iOS platform.
Fortnite took the App Store by storm when Epic Games initially pushed it into the public domain. However, in order to drum up excitement for the platform, as well as prevent huge simultaneous loads being placed on the game’s servers, access to the title was by invite-only and restricted to those individuals who had signed up for an early access code.
It now seems that Epic Games has ironed out any issues with its servers, leaving the company in a position to open its virtual doors for anyone and everyone with a compatible iOS device to download and play Fortnite for mobile. The mass availability of the title was announced via social media post:
No invite needed – Fortnite is now open everywhere on iOS. Grab your friends and jump in now!
Epic Games then followed the announcement with a second post outlining exactly which devices are compatible with Fortnite on the iOS App Store, and, perhaps more importantly, which devices aren’t:
Works with: iPhone SE, 6S, 7, 8, X; iPad Mini 4, Air 2, 2017, Pro.
Fortnite DOES NOT support: iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus; iPad Air, Mini 2, Mini 3, iPod Touch.
With that information in mind, if you have an iPhone newer than iPhone 5s, then you are good to go. You’ll also need an iPad mini 4 or an iPad 2 or above. That, of course, includes Apple’s iPad Pro range as well as the 2018 iPad running the A10 chip which was recently announced at Apple’s Chicago-based education event.
Any device before that, and you’re out of luck, unfortunately, which surprisingly includes iPhone 5s. Recently, Tencent Games has been having graphics issues with PUBG Mobile running on iPhone 5s (even though the device is now officially supported by PUBG), so maybe it’s a prudent move by Epic Games to exclude that device.
So, there you have it. If you’ve been looking on in envy as other people interact with Fornite mobile and wax lyrical about the experience via social media, then now is the time for you to download the game and take to the battlefield. We’ll keep you updated with the progress of the Android version as and when we find anything out.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / iOS 11.2.6: New Possibility Emerges With Kernel Vulnerability, Details Here
- Fortnite 3.4.1 Update And Patch Notes: Here’s What You Need To Know
- PUBG Mobile Keyboard And Mouse Usage: Is It Considered Cheating?
- PUBG Mobile White Screen Problem Fix For iPhone 5s Now Available
- Download iOS 11.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Of Final Version Right Here
- Fortnite 3.4 Patch Notes For Mobile Update And Other Platforms Released, Here’s What Is New
- PUBG Mobile 0.3.3 APK Download For Android, iOS Update Released, Here’s What Is New
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]