Here’s how to enable the hidden mute / silent toggle in iOS 11 Control Center. No jailbreak or computer is required for this process to work.
Apple’s iOS 11 Control Center is generally considered to be a huge improvement over earlier versions of the feature. The addition of the ability to customize the experience and choose which toggles are visible has deeply resonated with users. However, for one reason or another, Apple has decided that a digital mute/silent switch shouldn’t be exposed to device owners. Thankfully, the instructions listed below will let you add that toggle to Control Center in order to quickly mute/unmute the iPhone. Let’s jump right in.
Step 1: In order to do this, you will need to use a file editor on the device which is able to access directories as root without jailbreak. We have previously covered FilzaJailed, which offers the perfect functionality that you need to achieve this on iOS 11.0 to iOS 11.1.2 thanks to the inclusion of the async_wake exploit. Once you have FilzaJailed app installed, navigate to the following directory: /System/Library/ControlCenter/Bundles/
Step 2: When you have arrived at that directory, look for a bundle called MuteModule.bundle. Once you have opened this you should see a file called Info.plist. This is essentially a file with a list of properties in it which define how various aspects of the system perform. You are going to edit this file so make sure to take a copy of the original and put it somewhere safe.
Step 3: Open the file with FilzaJailed and look for the SBIconVisibilitySetByAppPreference entry. Tap on the “i” button associated with that key and change the value of the BOOLEAN from YES to NO. Navigate back.
Step 4: Tap on the Save button to save the changes and then hit the OK button in the top-left corner. You have now made the necessary changes so you need to make them take effect.
Step 5: Respring or entirely reboot the device. When it boots back, you should now be able to go into the Control Center section of the native Settings app and add the silent/mute button as a toggle.
That’s it! Now simply activate Control Center and you will have immediate access to the new toggle.
(source: @TheDevStudent [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak Meridian For 64-Bit Devices Demoed, Coming Soon
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.1 / 11.2 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- LiberiOS iOS 11 Jailbreak, Cydia And Substrate: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- LiberiOS iOS 11.1.2 / iOS 11 Jailbreak IPA Download For iPhone X, 8 And Other Devices Released
- Jailbreak tvOS 11 / 11.1 On Apple TV 4 / 4K Using LiberTV 1.1
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]