Dash cams can be super important if you’re ever unfortunate enough to find yourself in an accident, but they can be costly and aren’t often the most elegant of solutions. But what if you could just use an app on your iPhone instead? That’s exactly what DUBL Drive is, and it looks like it could be quite the solution.
While you might expect this app to just record what is going on through the iPhone’s camera, there are plenty of advanced features that would put real dash cams to shame. And that’s thanks to iOS 13’s additional ability to record from two cameras simultaneously.
The new DUBL DriveTM app is a first‐of‐its‐kind, two‐way dash camera that captures simultaneous video out of the front and rear cameras of your iPhone XS and iPhone 11. Think NEST/RING for your car. Recording can be activated manually or based on the occurrence of a “event”—for example, getting rear ended. Event‐based recording leverages iPhone accelerometer technology and g‐force thresholds characteristic of a typical accident of collision to trigger recording. Alternatively, users can manually activate recording for the entirety of a ride.
The app also includes support for Apple’s mapping services to allow it to offer directions and speed reporting, too. The app is available for $2 per month or $15 per year after an initial seven-day trial period, so it’s absolutely less costly than hardware alternatives that offer similar features.
You’ll need an iPhone XS or newer device in order to make the app work to its maximum, but if you already have the phone, this app is almost a no-brainer for any drivers out there.
(Download: DUBL Drive for iPhone on the App Store)
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 2 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released, Here Are The Details
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak