You can download iOS 14.6 RC IPSW links and OTA profile update file along with that iPadOS 14.6 RC. Here are the details.
After announcing Apple Music Spatial Audio and Lossless Audio features coming in June, Apple has now announced the availability of Release Candidate version of iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6.
Alongside the two aforementioned releases, Apple has also released RC versions of watchOS 7.5 for the Apple Watch and tvOS 14.6 for Apple TV. macOS Big Sur 11.4 Release Candidate is also out to developers today.
As far as iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 are concerned, they includes support for Apple Music’s new Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos and Lossless Audio features. v14.6 also includes a new feature for AirTag which allows an email address to be added as a contact method for Lost Mode in addition to phone number. iOS 14.6 has support for Podcast Subscriptions, as well as Apple Card Family features, both of which Apple recently announced at its Spring event.
Full changelog is as follows:
Apple Card Family
– Apple Card can be shared with up to five people, including anyone 13 years or older in your Family Sharing group
– Apple Card Family adds support for families to track expenses, manage spending with optional limits and controls, and build credit together
– Subscription support for channels and individual shows
AirTag and Find My
– Lost mode option to add an email address instead of a phone number for AirTag and Find My network accessories
– AirTag will show the partially masked phone number of the owner when tapped with an NFC-capable device
– Voice Control users can unlock their iPhone for the first time after a restart using only their voice
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Unlock with Apple Watch may not work after using Lock iPhone on Apple Watch
– Reminders may appear as blank lines
– Call blocking extensions may not appear in Settings
– Bluetooth devices could sometimes disconnect or send audio to a different device during an active call
– iPhone may experience reduced performance during startup
Both iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 RC can be downloaded over from developer.apple.com, or directly from Settings > General > Software Update section of the device itself if you already have developer profile file installed on your iPhone or iPad.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.5.1 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.5.1 And iPadOS 14.5.1 [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checkin
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.