People have been trying to turn the iPad Pro into a viable notebook replacement since its introduction, some with more success than others. But with the arrival of iPadOS 13 and its support for pointing devices, things have taken a turn.
And then there’s an iPad Pro docking station in the works that adds not only a keyboard, but a trackpad as well.
We’re talking about the DoBox Pro, from DoBox. And it’s currently running through a KickStarter campaign that’s already funded with almost three weeks left to run.
There are good reasons for that, because it looks pretty great. There’s a 16,000mAh battery built in that can obviously power the iPad, and then there’s a keyboard and trackpad for easier working, too.
There are two USB-A ports accompanied by HDMI, Ethernet, and 3.5mm connectors to round things out. The dock and the iPad are connected by their own USB-C ports and a short cable.
Interestingly there also appears to be a space that can house an internal SATA SSD. Details aren’t really clear on that, but DoBox says that storage of up to 2TB is supported.
There’s a full video overview of the DoBox Pro available and while it won’t be for everyone, it seems reasonably priced at $199. That’s for either the 11-inch or 12.9-inch version, by the way. Headover to Kickstarter to back the project if you wish and grab the dock as soon as it’s released.
You may also like to check out:
- macOS 10.15 Catalina Compatibility: Full List Of Compatible Macs
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- iOS 13.2 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple