Apple’s announcement of iOS 14 brought with it the long-awaited inclusion of widgets that can be placed anywhere on the Home screen, similar to the implementation on Android devices.
It was assumed that iPadOS 14 would get the same deal, but that isn’t the case. And while some pondered whether that was a bug, Apple’s software head, Craig Federighi has confirmed that isn’t the case at all.
Speaking on MKBHd’s podcast, Federighi said that Apple is happy with how things are right now although there is always the chance that things will change in the future.
Whether over time we want to let you push that further, letting you move widgets out of their designated spot beside the app icons or not, we’ll see. But we felt like we had a great balanced solution for this already.
It’s the thought of most people who have tried iPadOS 14 already that widgets should be allowed to be moved wherever the user wants, just the same as iOS 14. It arguably makes more sense on the iPad thanks to the larger screen but Federighi seems happy with the current implementation.
iPad gives you a huge canvas to work with, but limiting them to the sidebar is “balanced”? pic.twitter.com/gyyVpXzcTy
— Chris Welch (@chriswelch) June 26, 2020
There are plenty of beta updates to come before the update is made available to the public in September, however, so we’ll be crossing our fingers and filing bug reports in the hope something changes.
Apple’s iPadOS 14 is currently in the hands of developers while a public beta is set to arrive next month. Everyone else will need to wait until September, unfortunately.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- iOS 14 Hidden Features On iPhone And iPad That You Don’t Know About [List]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File, Beta 2 Of iPadOS 13.6 Released
- iOS 13.5.1 Downgrade No Longer Possible After Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak