The infamous president weighed in on Apple’s recent revenue re-forecasting during a press conference at the White House, saying the company will “be fine” when asked about Apple’s recent announcement and whether it would have an impact on the US economy as a whole. As could have been predicted, Trump incorrectly said that Apple has “gone up hundreds of percent” since he became President, going on to say that “Apple was at a number that was incredible and they’re going to be fine. Apple is a great company.” Phew.
In reality, Apple’s stock price has increased around 20% since Trump came into power, but that’s unlikely to worry Trump who already has a reputation for speaking about anything and everything whether there is any basis in truth or not. He did say that he is unconcerned about Apple’s current situation because its products are made “mostly in China,” presumably suggesting that this is the reason for Apple’s current woes.
“Don’t forget this: Apple makes their product in China. I told Tim Cook, who is a friend of mine, who I like a lot: ‘Make your product in the United States; build those big, beautiful plants that go on for miles it seems; build those plants in the United States.'”
Apple outlined many of the reasons it believes that it had to re-evaluate its guidance for the first quarter of 2019, but manufacturing its products in China was not one of them.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.2 16C104 IPSW Links, OTA For iPhone XS, Max, XR, X And More
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.1.2 To iOS 12.1 / iOS 12.1.1
- iOS 12.1.2 Release Notes, Changelog And Other Changes As Highlighted By Apple
- Download iOS 12.1.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, And More
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.2 Status Update: Here’s What You Need To Know