The Apple Watch isn’t getting quite the level of attention it was a few weeks ago, but it’s still the best wearable on the planet and Apple has today tweaked its magnetic charger while also releasing a new (PRODUCT)RED Sport Loop.
Kicking things off with that Sport Loop, Apple has announced the new band while confirming that “portion of the proceeds from every (PRODUCT)RED purchase will go to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.” That’s something that Apple prides itself on with all of its (PRODUCT)RED accessories, and this is absolutely no different.
The new Sport Loop is priced at $49 for both 40mm and 44mm Apple Watches, and they will of course also fit the older 38mm and 42mm Apple Watches, too.
Alongside the new Sport Loop, we also have a new Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock, although it looks identical to the old one despite carrying a new model number: MU9F2AM/A. The previous charger sold under the MLDW2AM/A model number and has now been removed from the Apple Store.
While the two chargers look identical, it’s likely that there are changes internally that necessitated a whole new SKU in order for it to be sold and the new product has also been through FCC approval according to a filing that was made available today.
With the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock, you can charge your Apple Watch in a flat position with its band open, or on its side. When charging, your watch automatically goes into Nightstand mode, so you can also use it as your alarm clock. The Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock uses the same inductive charging connector that comes with Apple Watch. It charges all Apple Watch models and sizes. And it connects via the Lightning to USB Cable and Apple 5W USB Power Adapter.
The charger is available now and costs $79 from Apple’s online store with delivery starting Friday, November 16th.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 On iPhone XS Max Achieved By KeenLab
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA For Compatible iPhone And iPad
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download 2018 iPad Pro Wallpapers For Any iPad, iPhone
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.