Apple has issued a replacement program for its official Smart Battery case. The program affects Smart Battery cases sold for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, with Apple suggesting that those cases may experience charging issues. Like other programs of the same nature, Apple will replace affected cases.
As part of investigations into presumably a slew of consumer complaints, the Cupertino-based company has determined that a batch of affected cases for the aforementioned devices may exhibit charging issues.
Apple has determined that some Smart Battery Cases made for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR may experience charging issues. An affected Smart Battery Case may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors:
- Battery case will not charge or charges intermittently when plugged into power
- Battery case does not charge the iPhone or charges it intermittently
The affected units have been engineered for Apple’s 2018 iPhone range (XS, XS Max, and XR) and were manufactured between January 2019 and October 2019, according to the official information on the announcement page. If you purchased a device during those date ranges, and the mentioned behaviors above sound familiar, then you could be holding one of the affected Smart Battery Cases and could be eligible for it be replaced under the terms of this program.
If you are affected, Apple is offering two routes to invoke the replacement process. Affected owners can find an Authorized Apple Service Provider to start the process or make an appointment at a local Apple Retail Store, whichever is most preferable to that particular person.
If you are a Smart Battery Case for an owner for a device that isn’t mentioned in the replacement program notes but you believe that you are experiencing similar issues, then you are fresh out of luck at this stage in the game. The replacement program currently over covers iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, meaning that all other cases would be turned away without any additional action taken.
If you think that your case is affected and want to learn more about the replacement program, then you can head over to Apple’s web page on the topic. This includes links to booking appointments to start the process.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak